Business Development Coordinator (Intern)
Who Are We?
- Our Mission: Increase government transparency to connect and empower. We're building the first "gateway" that helps businesses and individuals make sense of messy government data.
- Why: Corporations, lobbyists, non-profits, and individuals alike are still using spreadsheets and archaic government websites to understand how bills impact their industry. They deserve a 21st century tool that streamlines how we make sense of pending legislation, and enables a more transparent and accessible lobbying process.
- Investors: $2.6M+ pre-seed led by WndrCo, Motivate Venture Capital, Amplify.LA, StageVP, Jarl Mohn (Founder of E! & Former CEO of MTV & NPR), Nick Allen (Founding Product Designer at Snapchat), and Hon. Tony Coelho (Former Congressman, US House Majority Whip, & Primary Sponsor of American Disabilities Act.
- Customers: Include the California State Library, Bay Area Council, California Business Roundtable, Los Angeles County Business Federation, California News Publishers Association, and Joby Aviation.
- Team: Passionate and hungry (both literally and figuratively), looking to build cool stuff to benefit everyone!
- Where: We’re based in Sacramento, CA; a 10 min walk from the State Capitol!
- Hybrid: We are mostly remote. If based in Sacramento, or Los Angeles, you will have the option of working in-person 1 - 3 times a week.
We are seeking a passionate and talented Business Development Intern with a positive attitude, and drive to re-imagine the intersection between tech and government. Your role will constantly evolve, and you will have the opportunity to play a large role in business strategy, sales, fundraising, and furthering Abstract’s overall growth.
- Become Abstract’s most knowledgeable CRM & lead-list guru.
- Actively search for new prospect opportunities, and derive insights on external meetings set with Abstract’s growth team.
- Schedule & manage meetings with the growth team, customers, and other members of Abstract as needed.
- Influence Abstract’s sales, and overall growth strategy, to scale top-of-funnel prospects month-over-month.
- Report directly to the CEO (Chief Executive Officer), collaborating closely on growth & fundraising initiatives.
- Work closely with Abstract’s Head of BD & Sales for sales-side of growth.
- Willing to grow and evolve in your role, contributing to multiple departments as needs arise.
- Experience: 0-2+ years of experience in business strategy, operations, and/or sales-facing roles, preferably with a lobbying/political, or technical software background.
- Communication: You understand tricky topics, both in writing and in person. You communicate clearly and with precision.
- Fast Learner: You quickly learn new concepts, and you easily pick up new skills.
- Attention to Detail: You exercise astonishing attention for detail in everything that you do.
- Inquisitive: You are curious about how to optimize internal processes, to continually improve outcomes.
- Determination: You love challenges, and persist when problems become complex.
- Self-motivated: You are driven, and able to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment.
- Efficient: You move quickly and effectively, and always find ways to achieve more.
- Passionate: You’re passionate about politics and/or government. 🇺🇲
- Well versed in California legislative processes - comes from a lobbying and/or advocacy background.
- Experience with sales software such as CRMs, email drip tools, etc…
- Top notch emailing skills, calendar scheduling, and overall responsiveness.
- Enjoys good food 🧑🍳
- Hourly pay of $20 USD/hour with average of 40 hours of work per week.
- Work is not to exceed 40 hours per week.
- Compensation will last for the duration of the predetermined period of work (i.e. between "Expected Start Date" and "Expected End Date").
Perks and Benefits
- Full autonomy in a high-growth startup.
- Work with a small tight-knit team, passionate about making government more transparent and accessible via thoughtful design that is relied on by countless organizations for their daily work.
Generous Time Off 🏝
- Unlimited PTO & Sick Leave
- Paid Federal Holidays + Election Day 🇺🇲
💡 Interested? Fill out this form*
(Application full url: https://forms.clickup.com/42050577/f/18390h-2420/YCE9XUPPA5XSNRA1X4)
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Start Tracking Bills with Abstract
Get Started Today
AI Powered Bill Search
Create Real Time Reports
Send Superior PDF Deliverables
Stay Updated on Mobile