Legislative Product Consultant
Who Are We?
- Our Mission: Increase government transparency to connect and empower. We're building the first "gateway" that helps businesses and individuals make sense of messy government data.
- Why: Corporations, lobbyists, non-profits, and individuals alike are still using spreadsheets and archaic government websites to understand how bills impact their industry. They deserve a 21st century tool that streamlines how we make sense of pending legislation, and enables a more transparent and accessible lobbying process.
- Investors: $2.6M+ pre-seed led by WndrCo, Motivate Venture Capital, Amplify.LA, StageVP, Jarl Mohn (Founder of E! & Former CEO of MTV & NPR), Nick Allen (Founding Product Designer at Snapchat), and Hon. Tony Coelho (Former Congressman, US House Majority Whip, & Primary Sponsor of American Disabilities Act.
- Customers: Include the California State Library, Bay Area Council, California Business Roundtable, Los Angeles County Business Federation, and California News Publishers Association.
- Team: Passionate and hungry (both literally and figuratively), looking to build cool stuff to benefit everyone!
- Where: We’re based in Sacramento, CA; a 10 min walk from the State Capitol!
- Hybrid: We are mostly remote. You will be required to visit customers in-person on a ~bi-weekly basis in Sacramento.
We are seeking a passionate and talented Legislative Product Consultant with a positive attitude, and drive to re-imagine the intersection between tech and government. As an early member of the Customer Delight team, you are not solely focused on customer success & support. Your role will constantly evolve, and you will have the opportunity to play a large role in product strategy, business & marketing tactics, and furthering Abstract’s overall growth.
- Become Abstract’s most knowledgeable product expert.
- Excite, educate, and encourage customers to make them brilliant at influencing legislation.
- Communicate with customers to solve their problems and improve their lives.
- Be the voice of our customers, and evangelize internally for what they need.
- Influence our product and growth strategy to further delight our customers.
- Continually iterate and improve the efficacy and efficiency of the team and the entire customer experience.
- Go above and beyond by creating bespoke moments of delight (our customers prefer in-person experiences 🕺).
- We’re looking for someone excited to work on-call to support our customers.
- Report directly to the CPO (Chief Product Officer), collaborating closely on customer success & support initiatives + respective product strategy.
- Work with Abstract’s Engineering team to help resolve bugs, and iterate on product improvements.
- Willing to grow and evolve in your role, contributing to multiple departments as needs arise.
- Experience: 0-2+ years of experience in customer-facing roles, preferably with a lobbying/political, or technical software background.
- Communication: You understand tricky topics, both in writing and in person. You communicate clearly and with precision.
- Fast Learner: You quickly learn new concepts, and you easily pick up new skills.
- Attention to Detail: You exercise astonishing attention for detail in everything that you do.
- Delight: You go the extra mile for your customers, and constantly find new ways to delight them.
- Inquisitive: You are curious about your customers, and want to understand their needs.
- Determination: You love challenges, and persist when problems become complex.
- Self-motivated: You are driven, and able to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment.
- Efficient: You move quickly and effectively, and always find ways to achieve more.
- Passionate: You’re passionate about politics and/or government. 🇺🇲
- Based in Sacramento, or willing to relocate next quarter.
- Well versed in California legislative processes - comes from a lobbying and/or advocacy background.
- Experience with Zendesk or similar support ticketing platforms.
- Enjoys good food 🧑🍳
- $50,000 - $70,000 Annual Salary
- Favorable Equity
Perks and Benefits
- Full autonomy in a high-growth startup.
- Work with a small tight-knit team, passionate about making government more transparent and accessible via thoughtful design that is relied on by countless organizations for their daily work.
Generous Time Off 🏝
- Unlimited PTO & Sick Leave
- Paid Federal Holidays + Election Day 🇺🇲
Taking Care of Your Future 🙏
Available Health Insurance Policies
- CCSB Kaiser Permanente Platinum HMO 0
- CCSB Kaiser Permanente Gold HMO 250
- CCSB Blue Shield Gold On-Exchange 350
401(k) with a Company Match
- Our plan provides you an opportunity to defer compensation for your long-term savings (Pre-tax and Roth).
- We will match up to 3.5% of your total eligible compensation.